Florida General Contractor License Exam Book Set - Trade Books
A Florida General Contractor’s License allows a contractor to build, repair, or remodel any type of building, regardless of use or number of stories. General Contractors in Florida can directly engage in the construction of every component of the building structure (i.e. Concrete, Structural Steel, Framing, Painting, Tile, etc.) except the major specialty trades like Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Roofing. A General Contractor must subcontract this type of work to licensed contractors in those trades. A General Contractor can remodel or build any structure in Florida, whether it is used for residential or commercial purposes. When a General Contractor submits a permit application for the construction of a new building, he/she must include the license information of the Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical (A/C), and other specialty contractors who will be involved in the project as Sub-Contractors. These specialty contractors are typically paid by and report to the General Contractor (Prime Contractor).
Although the construction of residential properties in Florida only requires the use of a Residential Contractor’s License, home builders in Florida often obtain the General Contractor’s license to keep their options open if any commercial construction opportunities arise.
The complete set of Florida State General Contractor trade exam books includes the following:
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders, 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001
- Florida Statues Chapter 455, 2018
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Edition, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926, (OSHA1926) July 2018
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, Steven H. Kosmatka, Beatrix Kerkhoff and William C. Panarese,16th Edition, 2016
- Placing Reinforcing Bars,10th ed
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, Ronald C. Smith and Cameron K. Andres, 10th Edition, 2019
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 9th Ed., 2017
- Building Component Safety Information: BCSI-ED2-D “Guide to Good Practices for Handling, Installing and Bracing of Metal Connected Wood Trusses”, 2018
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Existing Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Energy Conservation, 2017