Advanced Service Technician
A comprehensive 45-60 hour blended (online and in-class) training designed to provide service professionals with the knowledge and skills to service residential pools and spas, including equipment installation, maintenance, and repair.
To earn an AST® Certification, a student must successfully complete the following seven online courses, attend the classroom session(s), and pass the certification exam.
Advanced Service Technician™ Online Courses:
- Managing Risk
- Workplace Safety
- Routine Maintenance
- Installation & Repair
Purchase of this course includes online coursework with accompanying Resource Guides, Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook, Classroom Session, and certification fee!
Meets Florida 60 hour course requirements (CILB provider # 0003702 and course # 0612551).
- Introduction – Gives an overview of the AST® Certification program.
- Fundamentals – Delivers comprehensive education for pool and spa service technicians on water treatment procedures, including methodology for maintaining proper disinfection levels and water balance.
- Management – Covers management training, including responsibilities associated with operating a service company, and focusing on customer service and building client relationships.
- Managing Risk – Provides instruction on identifying hazards present in service technician work environments and risk mitigation techniques, including hazard exposure reduction.
- Workplace Safety – Presents the importance of workplace safety and how that impacts both employees and the public, risk mitigation techniques, and helps meet OSHA compliance training.
- Routine Maintenance – Details how to perform maintenance procedures for circulation systems, filters, chemical application systems, automatic chemical controllers, heaters, and pool cleaning systems.
- Installation & Repair – Delivers instruction on the installation, service, and repair of circulation pumps, filters, chemical application systems, automatic controllers, heaters, pool cleaning systems, and underwater lighting; along with leak detection and electrical safety.
- Classroom Session – Teaches you through in-person instruction on different structure types, finishes, and local codes. The classroom session concludes with a comprehensive certification exam. Meets Florida 60 hour course requirements CILB# 0612551.
We Also Recommend
AIA A401 Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017