NSPF Certified Pool/Spa Inspector Certification Program
NSPF Certified Pool/Spa Inspector (CPI) Online Training Course
The Certified Pool/Spa Inspector (CPI) online training course is designed to provide a standardized training program for health officials and pool operators on conducting pool and spa inspections. The purpose of this training program is to assure a sanitary, healthy, and safe environment for the public when using swimming pools and spas. A copy of the Certified Pool/Spa Inspector Handbook is provided when you register for the course.
For those that are CPO® Certified, they may get an additional certification through the National Swimming Pool Foundation by completing the course successfully and submitting a certification request with a fee to NSPF.
In this course you will learn:
- The basis for the code requirements and why a violation is a public health hazard
- How to perform an inspection of the pool and spa area
- How to evaluate swimming pool operation and maintenance
- How the circulation system and its components work
- How to evaluate a facility for Pool & Spa Safety Act compliance
- The uniqueness in spa inspections
- About recreational water illnesses
- Supervision and operator records
- The uniqueness of aquatic play features
- Basic swimming pool design standards and their impact on public health