Ask about financial assistance, give us a call 877.775.9400
Florida Marine Contractors License Exam Book Set - Trade Books
A Florida Marine Contractor is a specialty contractor qualified and certified by the board to perform any work involving the construction, repair, alteration, extension and excavation for fixed docks, floating docks, boathouses, mooring devices, mooring fields, seawalls, bulkheads, piers, wharfs, boatlifts, boat ramps, revetments, cofferdams, wave attenuators, dune crossovers and other marine structures and activities, including pile driving, framing, concrete, masonry, dredge and fill, and wood shingle, wood shakes, or asphalt or fiberglass shingle roofing on a new structure of his or her own construction. Nothing in this rule shall be deemed to restrict or limit in any manner the scope of work authorized by law of other contractor classification.
The complete set of Florida State Marine Contractors trade exam books includes the following:
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Ed., 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, Steven H. Kosmatka, Beatrix Kerkhoff and William C. Panarese,16th Edition, 2016
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 10th ed
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, Ronald C. Smith and Cameron K. Andres, 10th Edition, 2019
- Damage Prevention Guide (includes FL Statute Ch. 556 Underground Facility Damage Prevention and Safety Act), October 2017
- Dock Manual, Design, Building, Maintaining, 1999
- Timber Pile Design & Construction Manual, 2016
- Florida Building Code – Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Accessibility, 2017
Please note that the inside first page of the Florida Building Code - Accessibility 6th Edition (2017) indicates it is the 2012 Florida Accessibility Code. If you turn the page over it will show that it is the 6th Edition (2017), First Printing: July 2017. This is how you can determine whether you have the 2012 or 2017 edition of the book. In addition, the last two digits of the Item No. on the bottom right-hand corner of first page indicates the year (17).