14 Hour Online Continuing Education - with Wind Mitigation [GC/BC/RC, Roofing, Glass & Glazing, and Specialty Structure]
Florida Contractors Continuing Education - 14 Hour Online Course with Wind Mitigation
Our course works on all platforms, Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad
Complete your continuing education requirements to maintain your Florida contractor license with our convenient online CE course. Our course covers all Florida DBPR requirements for Registered and Certified Contractors in the Construction Industry renewing their license.
**Important: All construction contractors may take this CE course. This CE Course includes 1 Hour of Wind Mitigation which is a mandatory requirement for the following contractors:**
|General||Glass and Glazing|
**ALL OTHER CONTRACTORS: If you are an Air, A, Air B, Commercial Pool, Gas Line, Gypsum, Irrigation, Marine, Mechanical, Plumbing, Pollutant Storage, Residential Pool, Service Pool, Sheet Metal, or Solar contractor you can take this this CE course OR you have the option to purchase our 14 Hour Online CE Course - with No Wind Mitigation which includes 1 hr. of Hiring Employees CE instead since wind mitigation is not required for your trades .**
This course consists of 14 Hours covering topics listed below:
Course Details and Benefits
- Instant Course Access - Link to course and log in instructions will be emailed to you immediately upon purchase.
- Online Course - Complete the course in the comfort of your own home or office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Android and iOS Compatible - Complete the course on your phone, anytime or anywhere.
- Self-Paced - Watch each video at your own pace. If you are not able to watch an entire video at one time, don't worry. When you log back into the course you can finish watching where you left off. The quizzes after each video are not timed, so you can take all the time you need.
- Instant Certificate of Completion - When you have completed the course you may download your certificate to keep for your records.
- We Report Your CE Hours to the State - Upon your 100% completion of the CE course, we will report to the DBPR that you have completed your continuing education requirements.
- 1 Year of Access - You will have access to the course for 365 days from the date of purchase.
- State Approved CE Course - Our course provider ID is 0005785
These hours can be applied to your 4 hour Broward County CE, 16 hours of Miami Dade County CE, and 14 hours of Palm Beach County CE. Registered License Holders in Broward County will receive 14 hours CE for the CILB, AND 4 hours will count towards Broward County renewal. You will receive two sets of certificates.
Should you have any additional questions regarding continuing education requirements, please feel free to contact our Licensing Advisers at 954-210-3030.
All certified and registered State of Florida contractors administered under the Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) are required to complete 14 hours of continuing education each two-year renewal cycle.
- Certified Contractors must renew by August 31st of even-numbered years.
- Registered Contractors must renew by August 31st every odd-numbered year. (Some registered contractors renewals may not fall on an odd-numbered year depending when you applied for your license.).
As a part of the 14 hours of continuing education, you must complete at least one hour in each of the following areas of study: Workplace Safety, Workers' Compensation, Business Practices, Laws and Rules, Advanced Module Building Code. The remaining required hours are considered General and cover topics related to business management. General, Building, Residential, Roofing, Specialty Structure, and Glass and Glazing contractors must complete one hour of Wind Mitigation Methodology as part of their required 14-hours.
DBPR 455.217 (1)
After a licensee's completion of a course, the information must be submitted to the DBPR electronically no later than 30 calendar days thereafter. However, the CE Provider shall electronically report to the DBPR completion of the licensee's course within 10 business days beginning on the 30th day before the renewal deadline or prior to the renewal date, whichever occurs sooner.
1 Exam prep tries to upload all of the information within 2 business days from completion. If you have any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the option to download your Certificate of Completion to keep for your personal records The instructions to download your certificate are at the end of the course in the last module. Should you have any technical issues or any questions while proceeding through the course you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call 954-210-3030.