Below is the information you will need concerning your roofing exam
Roofing Contractor" means a contractor whose services are unlimited in the roofing trade and who has the experience, knowledge, and skill to install, maintain, repair, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, and use materials and items used in the installation, maintenance, extension, and alteration of all kinds of roofing, waterproofing, and coating, except when coating is not represented to protect, repair, waterproof, stop leaks, or extend the life of the roof. The scope of work of a roofing contractor also includes skylights and any related work, required roof-deck attachments, and any repair or replacement of wood roof sheathing or fascia as needed during roof repair or replacement and any related work.
The Roofing trade knowledge examination is administered daily in Computer Based Testing (CBT) format by Pearson Vue. It will consist of 80 equally weighted questions and 5 pilot questions. You will have 5 hours to complete the exam and must score 70% correct in order to pass.
The examination will have questions relating to the following content areas and necessary knowledge for each area includes:
You should be prepared to respond to examination questions on any of the content areas listed in the below link:
To speak to a Pearson Vue customer service representative about an exam reservation, please call 888-204-6230.
The answers to the examination questions will be based on the editions listed below. Some of the questions will also be based on field experience and knowledge of trade practices. Editions earlier or later than those listed below can be brought to the examination but AT YOUR OWN RISK. However, ONLY ONE COPY of each reference will be allowed into the examination.
- Architectural Sheet Metal 7th Edition
- Roofing Construction and Estimating, 1995, D. Atcheson
- NRCA Roofing Manual: Steep-Slope Roof Systems, 2017
- NRCA Roofing Manual: Architectural Metal Flashing, Condensation and Air Leakage Control, 2018
- NRCA Roofing Manual: Membrane Roof Systems, 2015
- NRCA Roofing Manual: Metal Panel and SPF Roof Systems - 2016
- NRCA Waterproofing Manual - 2005
- Walker's Building Estimator's Reference Book, 31st Edition
- 2017 Florida Building Code - Test Protocols for High Velocity Hurricane Zones
- 2017 Florida Building Code - Building
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Construction Industry Regulations
Photocopies will not be allowed unless the appropriate authorities (DBPR and the publishers) have given written authorization. Hand-written and typewritten notes are NOT allowed. Existing handwritten notes must be blackened out or whitened out completely, by the candidate, prohibiting legibility. Moveable tabs (e.g., Post-it® Flags) are NOT allowed. You will not be permitted to make any marks in your references during the examination.