Florida Irrigation Contractor Exam (Book Rental)
$875.00 (most affordable option)
*plus $600 refundable deposit if books are returned in similar condition within 6 months from the time they are shipped.
Book Rental for Irrigation Contractor
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Irrigation Contractor trade online course
- Business and Finance online course (includes access to live instructor-led virtual class)
- 6 months of access to online courses
- 50 blank tabs for Business and Finance live virtual class
This book rental package includes all the required books for the Florida Irrigation Contractor and the Business and Finance open book examinations already pre-tabbed and highlighted to help you quickly and easily navigate through the books during your exam.
*Please allow an additional 7-10 days on tabbed and highlighted trade book package orders.*
The complete set of highlighted and tabbed Florida State Irrigation Contractors trade exam books includes the following:
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926 July 2018
- Irrigation, 6th Ed, 2011
- Florida Building Code - Plumbing, 2020
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidder 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455 (Current Edition)
Requirements: To be a Florida Certified Irrigation Contractor, you must be able to pass the trade exam and business and finance exam, provide a proven record of financial stability, and present evidence of your experience for the category in which you wish to be licensed. Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience. Experience gained in the military may also be used toward the requirements of licensure*.
A Florida Irrigation Contractor is a contractor whose contracting business consists of the execution of contracts requiring the experience, financial means, knowledge, and skill to install, maintain, repair, alter, extend, manage, monitor, audit, or, if not prohibited by law, design irrigation systems. An irrigation specialty contractor may install, maintain, repair, alter, extend, manage, monitor, audit, or, if not prohibited by law, design irrigation systems, including any excavation work incidental thereto.
An irrigation system includes all: piping; fittings; sprinklers; drip irrigation products; valves; irrigation controllers; control wiring; rain sensors; water pumps; water conservation devices; water harvesting systems; irrigation main lines downstream of a utility potable water meter or utility alternative water supply distribution line and dedicated backflow prevention device; and associated components installed for the delivery and application of water for the purpose of irrigation.
*For more information regarding licensing requirements, please contact a licensing consultant at 954-210-3030.