Georgia Conditioned Air Contractors Class II Exam Prep Course
Georgia Conditioned Air Contractors Exam Prep Course
Our State Contractor Licensing Exam Prep courses cover the following:
-Tab and highlight locations for all books
-Hundreds/thousands of practice questions depending on number of books for your exam
-Test taking skills videos
-Mathematical instructional videos ( if applicable)
-Instructors name, phone number, email address- in case you have any questions!
All Conditioned Air work in Georgia requires a license.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
- A separate Georgia Business and Law exam is not required to be passed.
- Class 1 applicants must show 4 years of experience. Experience for Class I shall consist of two years of installation as a lead mechanic, one year as a service technician or service supervisor (to include an Environmental Protection Agency license), one year of residential supervisory experience, and a Board approved heat loss and gain and duct design.
- Class 2 applicants must show five years of experience. Experience for Class II shall consist of two years of installation as a lead mechanic with at least one of the years being commercial only, one year as a service technician or service supervisor (to include an Environmental Protection Agency license), two years of commercial supervisory experience and a Board approved heat loss and gain and duct design course.
A Conditioned Air Contractor license allow for the bidding and contracting as well as the installation, repair, or service of conditioned air systems or conditioned air equipment. Service to or installation of the electrical connection between the electrical disconnects and conditioned air equipment is considered to be installation, repair, or service of conditioned air equipment or the conditioned air system.
- Class I conditioned air contractor licenses are restricted to conditioned air contracting involving conditioned air systems or equipment not exceeding 175,000 BTU of heating and 60,000 BTU of cooling.
- Class II licenses are unrestricted.
To apply, contact the state of Georgia at 1-478-207-2440. A non refundable fee of $30.00 must be submitted with application. The application must be submitted to the Board at least 60 days before the next scheduled exam date. Applicants should receive an approval letter approximately 30 days prior to the exam. After the exam, passing candidates will receive their licenses in approximately six weeks.
- The testing company is AMP (1-800-345-6559)
- Open book
- 100 questions and an 7-hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $240.
Books NOT included in exam prep course.
- 2012 International Gas Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Manual D-Duct Design for Residential Winter and Summer Air Conditioning
- Manual J-Load Calculation for Residential Winter and Summer Air Conditioning
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology
- Business and Project Management for Contractors, Georgia Edition
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Title 29, Part 1926
- Carrier System Design Manuals (1-3)
- Flexible Duct Performance and Installation Standards
- Trane Ductulator
- ACCA Flexible Duct Slide Rule or Calculator
- Low Pressure Boilers, 2009, 4th edition
We Also Recommend
Florida Business & Finance Computer Based Examination (CBT) - Online Exam Prep Course - Pearson Vue
Florida Contractor's Manual 2017 Edition
Pre-printed Tabs for Florida State Business & Finance Book Package; Tabs Only