Ask about financial assistance, give us a call 877.775.9400
Florida Air A or Air B Contractor Exam (Book Rental)
$1,195 (taxes and shipping included)
*plus $1,400 refundable deposit if books are returned in similar condition within 6 months from the time they are shipped.
Book Rental for Air A or Air B Contractor
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Air A or Air B trade online course
- Business and Finance online course
- 6 months of access to online course
- 6 months access to virtual classes
This book rental package includes all the required books for the Florida Air A or Air B Contractor and the Business and Finance open book examinations already pre-tabbed and highlighted to help you quickly and easily navigate through the books during your exam.
*Please allow an additional 7-10 business days on tabbed and highlighted trade book package orders.*
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Troubleshooting Handbook, Billy Langley, 2nd edition, 2003. Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926 (OSHA1926)
- Contractors Manual, 2017
Pipefitters Handbook, Forrest R. Lindsey, 3rd Edition, 1967
NFPA 90A Installation of Air Conditioning and Ventilating Systems, 2015
NFPA 90B Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air Conditioning Systems, 2018
- NFPA 96 Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, 2017
Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standards, 7th Edition, 2003
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards - Metal and Flexible, 3rd Edition 2005
Energy Systems Analysis and Management, 2nd edition, 2014
Trane Air Conditioning Manual, 6th Edition
Trane Ductulator, 1976 or later
Trane Reciprocating Refrigeration Manual, 67th Printing, Rev. March 1999
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 9th Ed. 2017
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation, 2020
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders, 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455 (Current Edition)
Requirements: To be a Florida Certified Air A or Air B Contractor, you must be able to pass the trade exam and business and finance exam, provide a proven record of financial stability, and present evidence of your experience for the category in which you wish to be licensed. Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience. Experience gained in the military may also be used toward the requirements of licensure*.
*For more information regarding licensing requirements, please contact a licensing consultant at 954-210-3030.