Florida Mechanical Contractor License Exam Book Set - Book Rental
$1,295 (taxes and shipping included)
*plus $1,200 refundable deposit if books are returned in similar condition within 6 months from the time they are shipped.
Book Rental for Mechanical Contractor
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Trade Course - Mechanical Course
- Business Finance Course
- 6 months of access to online course
- 6 months unlimited in person classes
Florida Mechanical Contractor is a contractor whose services are unlimited in the execution of contracts requiring the experience, knowledge, and skill to install, maintain, repair, fabricate, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, central air-conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating systems, including duct work in connection with a complete system if such duct work is performed by the contractor as necessary to complete an air-distribution system, boiler and unfired pressure vessel systems, lift station equipment and piping, and all appurtenances, apparatus, or equipment used in connection therewith, and any duct cleaning and equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling of the system; to install, maintain, repair, fabricate, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, piping, insulation of pipes, vessels and ducts, pressure and process piping, pneumatic control piping, gasoline tanks and pump installations and piping for same, standpipes, air piping, vacuum line piping, oxygen lines, nitrous oxide piping, ink and chemical lines, fuel transmission lines, liquefied petroleum gas lines within buildings, and natural gas fuel lines within buildings; to replace, disconnect, or reconnect power wiring on the load side of the dedicated existing electrical disconnect switch; to install, disconnect, and reconnect low voltage heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning control wiring; and to install a condensate drain from an air-conditioning unit to an existing safe waste or other approved disposal other than a direct connection to a sanitary system. The scope of work for such contractor also includes any excavation work incidental thereto, but does not include any work such as potable water lines or connections thereto, sanitary sewer lines, swimming pool piping, and filters, or electrical power wiring.
A Florida Mechanical Contractor may test and evaluate central air-conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating systems, including duct work; however, a mandatory licensing requirement is not established for the performance of these specific services.
Artfully and skillfully tabbed and highlighted by hand, with tabs that are easy to read and navigate and vibrant highlights.
*Please allow an additional 7-10 days on tabbed and highlighted trade book package orders.*
The complete set of highlighted and tabbed Florida State Mechanical Contractors trade exam books includes the following:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Troubleshooting Handbook, Billy Langley, 2nd Edition, 2003
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Pipefitters Handbook, Forrest R. Lindsey, 3rd Edition, 1967
- NFPA 90A Installation of Air Conditioning and Ventilating Systems, 2015
- NFPA 90B Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air Conditioning Systems, 2015
- NFPA 96 Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, 2014
- NFPA 99 - Health Care Facilities, (Chapter 3 & 5, Annex A & C), 2015.
- Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standards, 7th Edition, 2003
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible, 3rd Edition 2005
- Energy Systems Analysis and Management, 2nd edition, 2014
- Trane Air Conditioning Manual, 6th Edition. (70th , 71st , 72nd , 73rd printing with errata through 6/03 or 74th printing)
- Trane Ductulator, 1976 or later
- Trane Reciprocating Refrigeration Manual, 67th Printing, Rev. March 1999
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Fuel Gas, 2017
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017 (AIA-A201-2017)
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017 (AIA-A401-2017)
- A701 Instructions to Bidder 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
Manual, 2017 (FCM-2017)
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455, 2018