Ask about financial assistance, give us a call 877.775.9400
Florida Service Pool Contractor Exam Complete Book Set - Trade Books
A Florida Swimming Pool and Spa Service Contractor is a contractor whose scope of work involves, but is not limited to, the repair and servicing of a swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, whether public or private or otherwise, regardless of use.
The scope of work includes the repair or replacement of existing equipment, any cleaning or equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling (excluding filter changes), the installation of new pool/spa equipment, interior refinishing, the reinstallation or addition of pool heaters, the repair or replacement of all perimeter piping and filter piping, the repair of equipment rooms or housing for pool/spa equipment, and the substantial or complete draining of a swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, for the purpose of repair or renovation.
The scope of such work does not include direct connections to a sanitary sewer system or to potable water lines. The installation, construction, modification, substantial or complete disassembly, or replacement of equipment permanently attached to and associated with the pool or spa for the purpose of water treatment or cleaning of the pool or spa requires licensure; however, the usage of such equipment for the purposes of water treatment or cleaning does not require licensure unless the usage involves construction, modification, substantial or complete disassembly, or replacement of such equipment. Water treatment that does not require such equipment does not require a license. In addition, a license is not required for the cleaning of the pool or spa in a way that does not affect the structural integrity of the pool or spa or its associated equipment.
The complete set of Florida State Service Pool Contractors trade exam books includes the following:
- ANSI/APSP-3 American National Standard for Permanently Installed Residential Spas, 2014
- ANSI/APSP-2 American National Standard for Public Spas, 1999 (ANSI-2-1999)
- ANSI/APSP -1 American National Standard for Public (Swimming Pools, 2014
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 American National Standard for Residential Inground Swimming Pools, 2011
- Chapter 64E-9, Public Swimming Pools and Bathing Places, (Formerly Ch. 10D-5), 2016.
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- NFPA 70 – 2014 National, Electrical Code, Softbound, Article 680, Swimming Pools, Fountains & Similar Installations, 2014
- Pool & Spa Operator Handbook, 2017 Edition
- ANSI/NSF 50 – 2017, Equipment for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and other Recreational Water Facilities
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2020
Service Pool State Application