Ask about financial assistance, give us a call 877.775.9400
Florida State Residential Pool Contractors License Exam Book Rental
$995 (TAXES AND SHIPPING INCLUDED)
*PLUS $1,000 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IF BOOKS ARE RETURNED IN SIMILAR CONDITION WITHIN 6 MONTHS FROM THE TIME THEY ARE SHIPPED.
BOOK RENTAL FOR RESIDENTIAL POOL CONTRACTOR
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Residential Pool Contractor trade online course
- Business and Finance online course
- 6 months of access to online course
This book rental package includes all the required books for the Florida Residential Pool Contractor and the Business and Finance open book examinations already pre-tabbed and highlighted to help you quickly and easily navigate through the books during your exam.
*Please allow an additional 7-10 days on tabbed and highlighted book package orders.*
The complete set of highlighted and tabbed Florida State Residential Pool Contractors trade exam books includes the following:
- ANSI/APSP-3 American National Standard for Permanently Installed Residential Spas, 2014
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 American National Standard for Residential Inground Swimming Pools, 2011
- Walker’s Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Ed., 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- Concrete Masonry Handbook for Architects, Engineers, Builders, 6th Edition, Copyright 2008
- Guide to Shotcrete, (506R-16), 2016
- NFPA 70 – 2014 National, Electrical Code, Softbound, Article 680, Swimming Pools, Fountains and Similar Installations, 2014
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 10th ed
- Pool and Spa Operator Handbook, 2017 Edition
- ANSI/NSF 50 – 2017, Equipment for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Other Recreational Water Facilities
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2017
The Complete Set of professionally highlighted and tabbed Florida State Business and Finance Books includes the following books:
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidder 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455 (Current Edition)
Requirements: To be a Florida Certified Residential Pool Contractor, you must be able to pass the trade exam and business and finance exam, provide a proven record of financial stability, and present evidence of your experience for the category in which you wish to be licensed. Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience. Experience gained in the military may also be used toward the requirements of licensure*.
A “Residential pool/spa contractor” means a contractor whose scope of work involves, but is not limited to, the construction, repair, and servicing of a residential swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, regardless of use. The scope of work includes the installation, repair, or replacement of existing equipment, any cleaning or equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling, excluding filter changes, and the installation of new pool/spa equipment, interior finishes, the installation of package pool heaters, the installation of all perimeter piping and filter piping, and the construction of equipment rooms or housing for pool/spa equipment, and also includes the scope of work of a swimming pool/spa servicing contractor. The scope of such work does not include direct connections to a sanitary sewer system or to potable water lines. The installation, construction, modification, or replacement of equipment permanently attached to and associated with the pool or spa for the purpose of water treatment or cleaning of the pool or spa requires licensure; however, the usage of such equipment for the purposes of water treatment or cleaning does not require licensure unless the usage involves construction, modification, or replacement of such equipment. Water treatment that does not require such equipment does not require a license. In addition, a license is not required for the cleaning of the pool or spa in a way that does not affect the structural integrity of the pool or spa or its associated equipment.
*For more information regarding licensing requirements, please contact a licensing consultant at 954-210-3030.