South Carolina NASCLA Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors - Complete Book Set
The South Carolina NASCLA Examination Commercial General Building Contractor Book Package includes.
- South Carolina Contractors' Guide to Business Law and Project Management, Commercial Contractors, 8th Ed. *required for the business and law exam
- Construction Jobsite Management, 4th Edition, 2017, William R. Mincks, Hal Johnston
- Construction Project Management, 2014, 4th Edition, Frederick Gould, Nancy Joyce
- ACI 318-14 (2014): Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2018
- NASCLA Contractors' Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Basic 13th Edition
- Erectors' Manual - Standards and Guidelines for the Erection of Pre Cast Concrete Products, 1999, 2nd Edition
- Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning - Level 1 Field Fundamentals, 2003, 3rd Edition
- SDI (Steel Deck Institute) Manual of Construction with Steel Deck, 2016, 3rd Edition
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, 2011, Dave Roberts
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th edition, 2014
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, Recommended Practices, 10th edition
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders, 3rd Edition, 2008
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, Clois E. Kicklighter, 9th Edition
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 10th Edition, Cameron K. Andres and Ronald C. Smith
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA), with latest available amendments
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2016 (Student Edition), John L. Feirer and Mark D. Feirer
- ICC A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, 2017
- Roofing Construction and Estimating, Daniel Atcheson
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 4th Edition
- Green Building Fundamentals, Michael Montoya, 2011, 2nd edition
- International Building Code, 2021 Edition
- Developing Your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan - A Guide for Construction Sites
- ANSI/EIMA 99-A-2017: Standard Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) and EIFS with Drainage, 2017
The NASCLA Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors is used by State Licensing Agencies to test commercial general building contractor candidates who are applying for a contractor’s license. The exam is designed to reduce redundant licensing requirements and assist contractors who need to be licensed in multiple jurisdictions.
Test with Confidence!
- The exam is OPEN BOOK
- The exam is 5-1/2 hours
- The exam has 115 questions, with a minimum passing score of 81
If you pass the NASCLA Examination for Commercial Building Contractors, your name will be entered into the NASCLA National Examination Database (NED) and you may use this information in other states that accept that NASCLA Examination.
Contractors who take the examination can access NASCLA’s examination database and request that their results be sent to other jurisdictions that accept the examination, thereby reducing redundant licensing requirements.
State Contractor Licensing Agencies currently administering the NASCLA Exam include: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, and US Virgin Islands
State Contractor Licensing Agencies currently Accepting the NASCLA Exam include: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and US Virgin Islands
*South Carolina requires contractors to pass a separate “Business and Law Exam”. This exam is open book and requires the South Carolina NASCLA Contractors' Guide to Business, Law and Project Management book. This book would be required in addition to the Basic NASCLA Business, Law and Project Management book required for the NASCLA Exam.
At 1 Exam Prep, we have the proven process of passing any open book contractor exam. Our online exam prep course makes it convenient and easy for every type of student who is attempting to pass the NASCLA Commercial General Building Contractor Exam. Course includes:
- 1-hour test-taking techniques
- Highlighting and tabbing locations for your books
- Practice exams with hundreds of questions
- 1 year of online access
- Android and iOS Compatible - Complete the course on your phone, anytime or anywhere
All products and company names are trademarksTM or registered ® trademarks and/or copyrights of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by the respective holders.