Ask about financial assistance, give us a call 877.775.9400
Florida State Residential Electrical Exam Book Rental
$1,195.00 (TAXES AND SHIPPING INCLUDED)
*PLUS $600 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IF BOOKS ARE RETURNED IN SIMILAR CONDITION WITHIN 6 MONTHS FROM THE TIME THEY ARE SHIPPED.
BOOK RENTAL FOR RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Residential Electrical trade online course
- Business and Finance online course
- 6 months of access to online course
This book rental package includes all the required books for the Florida Residential Electrical Contractor and the Business open book examinations already pre-tabbed and highlighted to help you quickly and easily navigate through the books during your exam
*Please allow an additional 7-10 days on tabbed and highlighted trade book package orders.*
The complete set of highlighted and tabbed Florida State Residential Electrical exam books includes:
- Florida Contractors Manual, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 29 (OSHA) Parts 1926, 1910, 1904
- NFPA 70-National Electrical Code, 2017
- NFPA 72-National Fire Alarm Code, 2019
- NFPA 780-Lightning Protection Code, 2017
- NFPA 101-Life Safety Code, 2018
Requirements: To be a Florida Certified Residential Electrical Contractor, you must be able to pass the trade exam and business exam, provide a proven record of financial stability showing a net worth of $10,000, and present evidence of your experience for the category in which you wish to be licensed. Applicants are required to have the following experience, which must be verifiable either by W-2's or DD 214s for military experience:
- Must have three (3) years of management experience in the trade of electrical/alarm/specialty contracting within the last six (6) years immediately preceding the filing of the application; or
- Must have four (4) years of experience as a foreman, supervisor or contractor in the trade within the last eight (8) years immediately preceding the filing of the application; or
- Must have six (6) years of comprehensive training, technical education or supervisory experience associated with an electrical or alarm contracting business within the last 12 years immediately preceding the filing of the application; or must have at least six (6) years technical experience in electrical or alarm system work with the Armed Forces or a governmental entity within the last 12 years immediately preceding the filing of the application; or have a combination of these qualifications totaling six (6) years of experience; or
- Must be licensed as an electrical professional engineer for three (3) years within the last 12 years. Provide a copy of current electrical professional engineer license and transcripts showing electrical engineering work; or
- Must have a combination of experience listed in 1-3 above totaling 6 years within the last 12 years.
- The required experience must include at least 40% of work that is in 3-phase circuits.
For more information regarding licensing requirements, please contact a licensing consultant at 954-210-3030.